Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

FOTD: Trying on an Orange Blush, Featuring Daisy Bird Cosmetics

While swatching Daisy Bird's colours, there were several colours outside my comfort zone and I wanted to challenge myself to wear them. 

So here's my look with the incredibly orange You Bet I'm Blushin' blush, Mean Bean Green, Germinate or Die Trying and Dandy Dandelion.


Side view for contour:
You Bet I'm Blushin' is very, very orange. It may work on darker skinned girls, but on me, it' looks like a really bad spray tan gone wrong. Luckily it's very blendable, and makes a nice contouring blush.


To give you an idea of how scary the blush looked like at first, here's the swatch against bare skin, with no primer whatsoever:
Left indoors, right under natural light
It's even more vibrant in real life. When I first put it on, it was really striking orange streaks on my face. Extremely scary! But with a lot of blending, wow! Perfect for contouring!

Eye close up:

Dandy Dandelion on inner corners, Germinate or Die Trying as a base (gets rid of redness too!) and Mean Bean Green as the accent colour. Germinate or Die Trying ends up blending well with yellow-toned skin and makes a great base colour!
Front view:
Front view. With monolids, everything disappears from certain angles T.T


Also featuring:

  • Biore Perfect Face Milk
  • Dior Hydralife BB Cream (Luminous Beige)
  • Make Up Store Cover All
  • Make Up Store Wonder Powder (Kalahari)
  • Clio Kill Black Liner

I forgot to wear mascara since you often don't see your lashes with monolids T.T

Mascara still makes a difference even though most of your lashes look invisible. It makes your eyes look darker and pop more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment