Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Review & Recommendation: Eccentric Cosmetics

Recently I purchased some sample eyeshadows and a sample primer from from Eccentric Cosmetics. I purchased a set of 5 eyeshadow samples and got 2 free samples!

I didn't have much interaction with Anna, the owner, so I can't comment on the customer service except to point out my AWESOME turnaround time:

  • Ordered: June 26
  • Shipped: June 27
  • Received: July 4



 So on to swatches!



These are pigmented even on bare skin! I'm impressed!

Yes, as you can see from the swatch, Time to Dream is pretty patchy. That colour gave me a lot of trouble and had a noticeably different formula than the rest. While the rest applied smoothly, Time to Dream is a bit streaky, patchy and hard to apply. It's just one out of seven, so I'm chalking it up to a bad batch. 


Isn't Swimming Elephant to die for?? Freaking gorgeous! I'm not sure why they named a colour Balinese Monkey Chant. If you've ever gone to the monkey temple in Uluwatu, Bali, you'll know that monkeys are vicious creatures and the sound of Balinese monkey chants should send you running in terror.
As with all very pigmented eyeshadows, this method may lead to staining for some colours.

Now I just have to go on a huge rave about their primer. It's amazing. It's honestly the same quality as my Urban Decay Primer Potion. The only difference I saw in quality is that certain colours stain with UDPP but NOT with Eccentric's primer. I was impressed! Here are swatches with both primers as comparison. As usual, the left half is under artificial light, the right half is under natural light.


Any subtle differences is due to lighting. IRL, I really can't see a difference between the two.

Ok, so that looks good. But what if that works well only for Eccentric's eyeshadows? So I tried other brands too.  Left half is under artificial light, the right half is under natural light. Can you guess which swatches are over UDPP and which are over Eccentric's primer?
Top swatch is the Eccentric Primer!

So far the colour pay off looks great. But does it help my eyeshadows stay? So I decided to wear it out. This is after 5h of use:

I stupidly took the before pic (left) in natural light, and there was no more light by the time I took the after pic (right. They're the same look, just different lightings. The colours I used were Nomad and Swimming Elephants.

Ok, that's impressive, but that's only 5 hours of use. So I tried it for 14h of use:

Left: initial application
Right: 14h after initial application


Yes, it was still going on strong with just the slightest hint of fading (the inner corner's my fault...I rubbed my eye). I live in a hot, humid, tropical country and have oily skin. So the primer went through a LOT. I think it could probably last longer, only I was stinky and had to go shower.

How much is this jar of amazingness? Just $8 for 8g! UDPP is $20 for 11ml/0.37 US fl oz (roughly 10-11g). As you can probably guess, yes, I'm switching to Eccentric's primer as soon as I'm done with my tub of UDPP!

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. luxdam

    ReplyDelete