Search This Blog

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Samples Challenge Day 13.

Background: I noticed that lately, my indie eyeshadow samples are not getting enough love, simply because it's easier for me to reach for tubs. So I decided to challenge myself to use them more often. Everyday, I pick 2 eyeshadow samples randomly out of my collection without looking, and I have to use them. I can add other products in, but the 2 colours have to be the main part of the look.

Today I got colours from Canadian companies! I drew Hello Waffle's Rapunzel (swatches here), which is a colour I personally hate on me, and Backstreets Makeup Co's Raven, which is a plain black (swatches here).


I decided to do my favourite "smoked" out liner look with these colours.


This is over primer only. The semi-bald patch is from where my eyes fold and smudge the eyeshadow.

There's a reason this is my favourite look, it's sooo freaking flattering on me. I was so happy, I think I took over 9000 selfies and maxed out my phone's memory space.


The lip colour is a colour I "created" by mixing several lipsticks, foundation and gloss. The cheek colour is Daisy Bird's You Bet I'm Blushing.


2 comments:

  1. I love that style of eyeshadow, I might have to try and see if it'll work on my eye shape (unlikely but it'll be a fun experiment!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stalked your blog (sorry!) to check out your eye shape and this look you did: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kuQF5oSHIp4/VPIFqO9f1dI/AAAAAAAADoU/6XwyEi4X2lA/s1600/Aquamarine.jpg

      Looks like what I did! I think it's just that my eyes are so different from yours, it looks like a different look :D

      Delete