Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: Chinovi Eyeshadows (4 colours) & Blushes (3 colours)

Chinovi just announced that they'll be closing down, and will be having their closing down sale soon. I figured I better finish up my Chinovi review in case anyone's wondering what to get from them. The first part of my review where I reviewed their brow powders is here.

_________________________________________



Chinovi Blushes Swatches & Review

Swatched under natural light.
Left: Over bare skin
Right: Over Dior Hydralife's BB Cream (Luminous Beige)
Yeah, the blushes kind of emphasize my bones and make my arm look scary
These blushes are pretty dependent on what base you use underneath it, so your results may vary greatly depending on what foundation you use.

When I first applied it while using Dior Hydralife's BB Cream on my face, it was as easy to use and blend as my other indie blushes. That's why I was surprised when my swatches over bare skin looked so unpigmented, patchy and streaky. After I swatched it again over the same BB cream, I finally got the pigmented, blendable results again. When I tried using it again over a Fred Farrugia foundation, I got really streaky, patchy results again. The blush also sank into my lines and emphasized them. The Fred Farrugia foundation is a creamy solid foundation, so the different formula may not agree with these blushes' formula.

Even with the Dior BB Cream where I got my best results, I did notice that the blushes has a slight tendency to catch in the spots where I'm starting to develop lines, so if you have more mature skin, this formula may not be for you.

If the blushes are clashing with your foundation, I found a way to work around it. You need to dab it in in rapid motion into your face, as if you're creating an impressionist painting. Avoid swiping or buffing, streaks happen this way. Just keep dabbing it on and blend out the edges carefully with a sponge in a dabbing motion. 

Here are the face swatches:
Bianca, Gidget, Jocelyn
Purple blushes just don't suit me T.T

_________________________________________



Eyeshadow Swatches & Review


Macro shots:
Swatched over Darling Girl's Glitter Glue, under natural light.
Under natural light:
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Glitter Glue: Darling Girl's Glitter Glue

Under yellow-toned artificial light:
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Glitter Glue: Darling Girl's Glitter Glue

These colours surprisingly look best foiled. They don't do that well against bare skin, but one thing I like about them is that they're very easy to blend over primer only. They're definitely beginner friendly! Here are some looks I did with them, all done over primer only:

Vesta & Pool Party



Vulcan & Doww on my lids, Pool Party & Vesta over NYX Milk on my lower lashline




Pool Party & Vesta. The gold is from another brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment